We all know and love tapas but how did it come about?
There are various stories on the origin of tapas. One story says that when the Spanish King Alfonso the Wise was cured of a disease after taking small bites of food with wine between his mealtimes, he declared that no wine could be served unless accompanied with food.
In ancient times, tasty morsels of cheese and ham were placed over an alcoholic beverage – the name “tapas” means “lid” in Spanish. This tradition has survived the test of time and has evolved to more than a hundred varieties today.
Serenity Spanish Bar & Restaurant’s new menu includes a wide selection of tapas, from Spanish octopus – directly imported and grilled with olive oil – to patatas bravas and fried cod fish cake.
For more information head to Serenity Spanish Bar and Restaurant’s website
- EVENTS CALENDAR
- Upcoming events, parties, promotions and sales
- READ THE MAGAZINE NOW
- Get Expat Living on your PC, tablet or smartphone
- Baby announcements, items for sale and community news
- JOB LISTINGS
- Local jobs now hiring
- A comprehensive guide to Singapore companies, services and facilities
- Click here for your chance to win great prizes
- A quirky take on expat life